Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Book review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore

See on Goodreads
Genre: YA Fantasy

Reccomended if you like:
a badass heroine who doesn't take shit from others, a charming male counterpart, lots of action and fighting scenes, romance that builds up quite well, and a journey of self-discovery

Book Summary:
Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...


Book Review:
Okay, I read this book a long time ago.

But I felt like reviewing it because I loved the book. The heroine was a very strong character, both mentally and physically. She knew what she wanted, and fought for the better good of the people. She fights like a beast too. I even enjoyed her conversations with the male lead - I found it quite amusing.

After I finished devouring the book, I wanted to know what happens next. But as soon as I looked up the sequel, Fire, my heart sank when I found out the story wasn't going to be narrated by the same heroine anymore - but set in the same world. Or even the third book, Bitterblue, which is narrated by a character in this first book.

One day, I WILL read the sequels. And when I do read it, I'll think back to this moment and tell myself, "what the hell were you thinking, Isabelle?! You should have read Fire and Bitterblue ages ago."

Merry Christmas Everybody! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this book sooooo much! Honestly the whole series was amazing. I can't wait to see what the author has in store for us next.

    ReplyDelete