Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blogger Resolutions for 2014; Feature and Follow #3


Happy Friday! Feature and Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week. This is a great way to meet new bloggers, make friends, and get exposure for your own blog.
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog
Question of This Week
Resolutions: Put together your blogger resolution list for all of us to see!

1. Post regularly - I'm new to all this, so I'm still trying to get the hang of things. I think two to three times a week sounds like the norm? Whatever it is, cheers to an amazing 2014!

 
 2. Review books outside of my comfort zone - To be honest, I would like to read things I won't normally read. Like, horror maybe. But I'm a big wuss - I couldn't sleep for weeks after watching the Conjuring, and that wasn't even THAT scary!


 3. Blog about my writing... only sometimes - I originally thought I'd blog more about my writing and less about book reviews, but then I got scared. Well, you know what, internet world? I'm doing it!


Clearly, you can tell who my favorite Vampire Diaries character is (excluding Damon). And no, it's definitely NOT Elena! But I still have to catch up on Season 5! D:


20 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I'd like to read outside of my comfort zone too. A greater variety of books.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also scared about doing posts about my writing. Don't know why, but I feel like I'm either going to jinx myself or come off as either too pathetic (when I'm struggling) or too confident (when I feel like I'm doing pretty well). I'd like to start doing more posts on writing, though. Good luck with you goals!!!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I'm a newbie blogger as well, except I've only been blogging a week! It's hard to get the hang of things, but I'm working on it! I did't realize how time consuming blogging could be! I love your blog layout though! I followed you via gfc! :)

    Pivot Book Reviews FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually read outside my comfort zone, but it's a good resolution/goal to have for this year. :)
    Old follower (:

    My FF :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read outside my comfort zone, like ever. I am too addicted to paranormal books but am willing to read any level of paranormal, be it Urban Fantasy or a mystery with just a few paranormal elements.

    Good luck!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love those The Vampire Diaries thumbnails. Hehe. :) Good luck on your goals!

    Old follower.


    Check out my FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, loved how you set that up with the pics! Hehehe. I have to catch up on Vampire Diaries when I get Netflix back. Hope you have a great week and good luck on your goals.

    My FF

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals! It can be hard to read outside of your comfort zone, but it can also be very rewarding, so I hope you manage that one. Great gifs. :D Happy Friday!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love The Vampire Diaries, so that means I have to love your resolutions too! :-) Hope you have a fantastic 2014! Thanks for visiting my FF! I'm following you back via GFC and Bloglovin' (just because Bloglovin' is the one I actually pay attention to!).

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog Fantastical Paper Realm, I followed you back! I'm trying to get the guts to do more writing stuff with my blog too... it's so scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your answers this week! Cute pics and gifs too:) I love YA fiction..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great answer this week! I am a new follower via GFC! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a "read outside my comfort zone" kinda person. I enjoy YA fantasy and the most outside reading of that I've done is I am currently reading a NA fantasy. haha! Like you I am trying to post more and it be things that my followers would be interested in.
    Thanks for stopping by! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great resolutions. Reading outside your comfort zone can be difficult - good luck with it :0)
    Thanks for stopping by the Harem.
    New GFC follower :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the videos!!! A wonderful creative post. You said you were better than I am about putting away a bad novel and not feeling obliged to finish... I swear to not do that in 2014. Unless, it is so bad it's funny. Now with a series you are correct... I would dig in and keep going. New GFC Follower. Best wishes, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think reading a wide variety of genres helps me to not get burnt out on reading. Some great goals. Thanks for visiting. I'm following via Feedly...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic blog, great resolutions! I read outside my comfort zone just to keep things fresh!

    New follower via GFC

    Gizzimomo xx

    http://gizzimomosbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Resolutions! But even better gifs of Nina as Elena!!
    Have a good weekend!
    Old follower stopping by!
    http://angelic-reviews.blogspot.ca/2014/01/feature-and-follow_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Returning your GFC follow! Great goals. I think 2-3 times a week is a good amount. Now, about reading books that are not in your comfort zone. Just be careful that you do enjoy them. I find there are too many books I enjoy to waste time reading books I don't like. So keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by earlier. I'm following ya back now :D And I love TVD, but my favorite character would have to be Klaus. *sigh* I need to watch his spin-off show soon ;p

    Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete