Sunday, January 5, 2014

Book Review: The Fault in our Stars by John Green


 Genre: YA Contemporary *Side note: Cute movie poster!! :')

Recommended if you like:
Love at first sight - not insta-love because the romance develops too, witty and clever dialogue between the two main characters, characters that seem older/wiser than their age, and a sad overall story about teenagers dealing with terminal cancer.

Book Summary:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Book Review: 
You probably already know that this is a sad book. So prepare the tissues!

It's a beautiful story about first love, a little philosophy, and the inevitable fact of death. It mixes both humor and seriousness, and it has lots of great quotes. To be honest, I don't really know what else to say!

I enjoyed reading it, and I liked it, but it didn't blow me away as much as it did to the rest of the world. Even so, I still recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Isabelle! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for Liebster Award. You can check my post here

    ReplyDelete