Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Book Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10507293-the-selection
See on Goodreads
Genre: YA Dystopian Romance

Book Cover Thoughts: Holy shit! That's an absolutely beautiful cover.

Reccomended if you like:
Love triangles, a genuinely honest heroine, friendships or fakeness with lots of other female characters, and anything remotely similar to the Bachelor (tv show)

Book Summary:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Book Review:
After finally reading this book: Not gonna lie, I quite enjoyed it!

I liked how the heroine was honest from the start and was a likeable character. At this point, I don't really know who I like between her two love interests: Aspen or Maxon. But I'm guessing after I read the next book in the series, I'd have a better idea of who to root for.

Honestly though, if I had read this back in April 2012 (when it first came out), I think I would've been upset with the cliffhanger-ish ending. Not to mention I'd have to wait until May 2014 to find out what happens at the very end of the series.

UGH...THE WAITING!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Isabelle! I came across your blog through goodreads, so I figured to stop by and say hi! I am now following you :)

    I haven't had the chance to read The Selection but when it first came out it got really good reviews! So good, that I believe there is a tv series adaptation in the works.

    Anyway, feel free to stop by my blog sometime! Always looking for new blogger buddies to chat with!

    Best Wishes,
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia! Thanks for stopping by! I followed you back :)

      I'm a little sad that the Selection tv pilot wasn't picked up by CW, but that just means that one day it could probably turn into a movie instead! I think it could be better that way.

      Isabelle

      Delete
  2. Hey Isabelle great review we both have similar thoughts on this book, it was very fun to read.
    Rimsha@http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I still have to read the Elite though! :( I want to, but I don't want to have to wait for the One!

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean waiting for books is always excruciating, I always plan to read completed series so I can avoid the wait but I never succeed.

      Delete