Thursday, June 12, 2014

Movie Review: THE FAULT IN OUR STARS


I admit, I didn't cry when I read the books. BUT I sobbed HARD around the halfway point of the movie.

First off, it was a very faithful adaption of the book. It captured the heartbreaking and bittersweet relationship of Hazel and Guz down to the last detail. Shailene Woodley is even more beautiful with short hair and little to no makeup, and she portrayed Hazel exactly how I imagined her to be. Ansel Elgort, while not how I imagined Gus look-wise, portrayed the character's rawness and vulnerability like no other.

It's an emotional roller-coaster ride - you'll laugh and cry and it's sad yet it's sweet. It's no surprise that the movie is doing AMAZING at the box office, and still continues to do so both in the United States and internationally.

Really, there's no reason not to watch it! :) So go go go!!

I'm excited to see these two actors reunite again as the siblings Tris and Caleb Prior in Insurgent, and hopefully I won't confused them for Hazel and Gus!

4 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog through Jennifer @ Donnie Darko Girl. I can't wait to read some of your review as it seems we like the same books and I am also a writer :)

    I cannot wait to go and see TFIOS and I ordered the book yesterday. I saw the movie trailer last week and have been so excited about everything about since then.

    You have a great blog!!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! I love meeting new bloggers, especially those who are aspiring authors like myself!!

      Ooh I'm excited to read your review of the book and what you think of the movie! I just hopped on over from your blog, which is awesome btw, and you've got a new follower here! :)

      Delete
  2. It was the opposite for me - I cried during the book but not the movie. I felt like a monster walking out of the movie without shedding a tear! I did work pretty hard not to cry a few times - I get so much flak for crying during movies from my family, it's worth it to keep the tears from falling, lol.

    I've been wondering how the actors feel about playing siblings in one movie and boyfriend/girlfriend in another. That has to be interesting. I know they're acting and not REALLY siblings, but there had to have been a lot of jokes. :)

    Terrific review! Thank you for visiting mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's funny because i felt like a monster finishing the book without shedding a tear! lol Yeah, I wonder the same thing actually. Especially since Caleb is going to play a bigger role in the next movie.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete